Ah Ha Card Activities firstname.lastname@example.org
Needs are central to NVC and I get feedback that the Ah Ha cards are a welcomed support for many who-
- are looking for an accessible resource to support them in their practice
- want resources children and adults can hold with ease,
- want authentic, ethically made products - the Ah Ha cards are created, printed and collated locally in Byron Bay.
- want ongoing learning - there are multiple ways the Ah Ha cards can be utilised and enjoyed
- they are easily portable, beautiful, practical and fun to play with.
Try them and see!
SELF CONNECTION: One Person:
Hold a situation that you have feelings around in your mind. Read each card in turn and keep in front of you the ones that resonate or seem to reflect your needs or values around the situation. When each card has been considered, choose one or two Ah Ha cards from those in front of you, that resonate most strongly.
Notice how you feel now.
Do you feel differently?
Do you have ideas arising to support you to meet your needs in this situation?
FOR A GROUP OF 2 OR MORE PEOPLE:
Person A thinks of a situation and shares briefly what happened and their feeling about it.
Others take 6 - 8 Ah Ha cards and from these choose one to offer as a guess for the value or quality person A may be longing for. If the guess is true for person A, they keep the card in front of them. If it does not resonate, the person offering the card retains it and re-guesses after others have offered their guesses.
In offering empathic guesses, hold a respectful curiosity, asking EG "Are you longing for . . . .?"
After several rounds of offers, when person A has 5-10 cards in front of them, they stop and take time to reflect on the most meaningful qualities in that moment, for that situation.
They move 1 - 3 of the most pertinent cards close to themselves and connect with their longing and valuing of the qualities revealed.
Notice any shifts in feelings.
Each can have a turn as person A.